Why is Georgia Tech involved in real estate development?
The Institute sponsors real estate development projects in furtherance of its educational objectives. These include:
- Providing academic and educational support space.
- Supporting the redevelopment of neighborhood areas adjoining the Georgia Tech campus.
- Acquiring and protecting lands needed for current and future educational needs.
- Keeping Atlanta a great place to live by providing quality jobs, tax revenues and strengthening its economic base.
- Promoting the commercialization of Georgia Tech's technology.
- Contributing to the Institutes' financial strength.